Moscow: 10 Things to Do
The classic Moscow of the Romanovs, Leo Tolstoy, ballet impresario Sergei Diaghilev and cellist Mstislav Rostropovich is well known around the world: The Kremlin, the Bolshoi Ballet, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin State Museum and the Conservatory top most to-do lists. But there's another Moscow alternately ostentatious, hip, crass, beautiful, elegant, luxurious and fascinating that all visitors to the city must see if they want to get a feel for what this place is all about.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- CPAC Gives Republicans a 2016 Preview
- College President: SAT Is Part Hoax, Part Fraud
- Russia Embraces Potential Crimea Split From Ukraine
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Doctor Behind ‘Tommy John’ Surgery Dies
- Watch the Great Lakes Freeze Over