Moscow: 10 Things to Do
The classic Moscow of the Romanovs, Leo Tolstoy, ballet impresario Sergei Diaghilev and cellist Mstislav Rostropovich is well known around the world: The Kremlin, the Bolshoi Ballet, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin State Museum and the Conservatory top most to-do lists. But there's another Moscow alternately ostentatious, hip, crass, beautiful, elegant, luxurious and fascinating that all visitors to the city must see if they want to get a feel for what this place is all about.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- China: Here Are Some Great Things About Toxic Air
- The Major Tech Companies Missing From the Surveillance Reform Letter
- The Top Ten Finalists for Person of the Year in 2013
- The Most Surprising Photos of 2013
- TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2013
- What Do Your Dreams Mean? Here's How You Can Decode Them
- When Stay-at-Home Husbands Are Embarrassing to Their Wives
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug': It Lives!
- Arts and Entertainment