While globalization has sprinkled Starbucks and other avatars of American retailing along most of London's main streets, you'll still find the authentic city in the small markets, boutiques and family-run pubs and cafes that exist in every neighborhood.
An insider's guide to the essential city where to sleep, eat and play
Select a city:
Australia and Oceania
Latin America and Caribbean
Been there, done that? Then check out the best excursions from the city you haven't taken.
Need to Know
From tipping to transportation, advice for surviving in the city
10 Things to Do
City natives' pick their top 10 favorite things to do, see and eat in town.
The Perfect Souvenir
Skip the kitschy coffee mugs. Bring your friends and family something truly fantastic.
Shoot It Like a Pro
Our professional photographers teach you how to capture the perfect travel photo every time.
5 Places to Stay
We've eliminated the guesswork. Here are five hotels in every city, where you can't go wrong.
- U.S. Destroyer Joins Hunt For Vanished Malaysia Airlines Flight
- Worst Feared for 239 People Aboard Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 10 Things We Learned about the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF
- Top of the World
- Ukrainian Base in Crimea Resists Russian Raid
- Hillary Clinton Kicks Off International Women’s Day At United Nations
- Flight With 239 People Goes Missing
- Daylight Saving: How to Spring Forward Without Falling Behind on Sleep
- Fort Hood Soldier Charged in Prostitution Case
- Russia Turns The Screws On Ukraine With Gas Supply Threat