While globalization has sprinkled Starbucks and other avatars of American retailing along most of London's main streets, you'll still find the authentic city in the small markets, boutiques and family-run pubs and cafes that exist in every neighborhood.
An insider's guide to the essential city where to sleep, eat and play
Select a city:
Australia and Oceania
Latin America and Caribbean
Been there, done that? Then check out the best excursions from the city you haven't taken.
Need to Know
From tipping to transportation, advice for surviving in the city
10 Things to Do
City natives' pick their top 10 favorite things to do, see and eat in town.
The Perfect Souvenir
Skip the kitschy coffee mugs. Bring your friends and family something truly fantastic.
Shoot It Like a Pro
Our professional photographers teach you how to capture the perfect travel photo every time.
5 Places to Stay
We've eliminated the guesswork. Here are five hotels in every city, where you can't go wrong.
- Vietnamese Officials Cannot Find Airplane Debris Spotted in South China Sea
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- As Hope Disappears, Families of Missing Jet Passengers Crave Answers
- Top of the World
- What You Think You Know About the Web Is Wrong
- SNL Imagines Girls Set In Biblical Times, And There’s Still Plenty of Nudity
- 9 Things That Mess with Your Hormones
- As Hope Disappears, Family of Missing Jet Passengers Crave Answers
- Ukraine Troops in Crimea Face Dilemma: To Defect, Flee Or Fight
- HBO GO Technical Troubles Mar True Detective Finale