While globalization has sprinkled Starbucks and other avatars of American retailing along most of London's main streets, you'll still find the authentic city in the small markets, boutiques and family-run pubs and cafes that exist in every neighborhood.
An insider's guide to the essential city where to sleep, eat and play
Select a city:
Australia and Oceania
Latin America and Caribbean
Been there, done that? Then check out the best excursions from the city you haven't taken.
Need to Know
From tipping to transportation, advice for surviving in the city
10 Things to Do
City natives' pick their top 10 favorite things to do, see and eat in town.
The Perfect Souvenir
Skip the kitschy coffee mugs. Bring your friends and family something truly fantastic.
Shoot It Like a Pro
Our professional photographers teach you how to capture the perfect travel photo every time.
5 Places to Stay
We've eliminated the guesswork. Here are five hotels in every city, where you can't go wrong.
- Officials ‘Clueless’ On Missing Jet As Terror Suspicion Fades
- Popcorn Time Is So Good at Movie Piracy, It’s Scary
- The Selfiest Cities in the World
- 6 Mysterious Airplane Disappearances in Aviation History
- Putin’s Man in Crimea Is Ukraine’s Worst Nightmare
- As Search Area Expands, Mystery of Missing Malaysian Jet Deepens
- Watch President Obama on Zach Galifianakis’ Between Two Ferns
- Crowd-Sourcing Campaign Launched to Find Missing Jet
- 20 Strangers Were Asked to Kiss For the First Time and It Was Strangely Beautiful
- North Korea Elections: A Sham Worth Studying