Rome: Shooting it Like a Pro
Before the Pope's audience began, Brown overheard a tour guide say the best place to get a glimpse of the Holy Father is near the corner to the right of the Basilica's Dome. There, the Pontiff makes his entrance to St. Peter's Square in the Popemobile. Brown got close enough to shoot this image of Pope Benedict, along with this car and the hands of the faithful, with a 23 mm wide-angle lens.
1. Vatican City
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- All About Putin: Understanding Team Obama’s Personal Gibes Over Ukraine
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terrorist Attack, Says China
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Obama Speaks With Putin, Proposes Talks Between Russia and Ukraine
- Virtual Reality at Its Finest: Walk Around Jerry Seinfeld’s Apartment
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terror Attack, Says China