Chicago: Finding the Perfect Souvenir
Blommer Factory Chocolates
Since 1939, Blommer Chocolate Factory has been roasting cocoa beans and Chicago folks have been inhaling them both figuratively and literally. Blommer has expanded from a family-run shop to the largest producer of chocolate in North America, but the local West Loop factory and store still pipe out sweet-scented emissions, which you'll smell long before you enter. Be sure to sample different chocolates before buying (try the white); there are also specialty items like chocolate-covered pineapple, apricot brandy cordials and peanut butter malt balls. For non-chocolate-lovers, there are nuts and gummi bears as well as sugar-free options.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- All About Putin: Understanding Team Obama’s Personal Gibes Over Ukraine
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terrorist Attack, Says China
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Obama Speaks With Putin, Proposes Talks Between Russia and Ukraine
- Virtual Reality at Its Finest: Walk Around Jerry Seinfeld’s Apartment
- A Japanese Superhero Is Apparently Destroying Malaysia