Chicago: Shooting it Like a Pro
The Chicago Skyline
To photograph his hometown for TIME.com Travel, magazine photographer Jon Lowenstein bought a ticket on one of Chicago's jump-on jump-off tour buses and pretended he was a tourist for a day. First stop: this spot near the Adler Planetarium, which the tour guide indicated was a "good vantage point" to shoot the downtown skyline. Even better when you use your fellow passengers as foreground material.
1. Adler Planetarium
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- CPAC Gives Republicans a 2016 Preview
- College President: SAT Is Part Hoax, Part Fraud
- Russia Embraces Potential Crimea Split From Ukraine
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- 6 Secrets You Can Learn From the Happiest People on Earth
- Doctor Behind ‘Tommy John’ Surgery Dies