Los Angeles: Side Trips
Let's say you get sick of the plastic people and fake happiness of L.A. The obvious solution is to go to Disneyland. When you get back, L.A. will look as gritty as a Raymond Carver novel. If you go at the right time, the drive to Anaheim might take less time than the line for the tea cups ride. Though no one does it, there's also the option of using public transportation: You can actually take the train to Anaheim or Fullerton right from Union Station.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- Top of the World
- Clinton Super PAC ‘Ready For Hillary’ Gets Readier
- Malaysia Airlines: Missing Plane’s Whereabouts Still Unknown
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- Vietnamese Officials Say Airplane Debris Found in South China Sea
- UMass ‘Blarney Blowout’ Descends Into Drunken Chaos
- Search Expanded for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 1 Word That Immediately Kills Your Credibility
- SNL Imagines Girls Set In Biblical Times, And There’s Still Plenty of Nudity