Los Angeles: 10 Things to Do
Or you could take a picture of the Hollywood sign. (No, you can't drive to it. You can't even walk to it; there's a fence. So, from Franklin Avenue in Hollywood, turn uphill onto Beachwood Canyon Drive and take a photo halfway up the street. Or park at the end of Beachwood and hike 30 minutes to get really close.)
You could stroll down Hollywood Boulevard to Grauman's Chinese Theater and look at all the celebrity handprints and footprints, pose for photos with the weirdos who dress up as superheroes and ask you for money, then go hang out the Hollywood and Highland Center mall. You could spend the day gawking at the expensive stores on the twisty part of Rodeo Drive. You could drive 45 minutes south to Disneyland, for all I care. But you won't have seen L.A.
Here's how I would spend my time in L.A., on my first trip or my tenth.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- CPAC Gives Republicans a 2016 Preview
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Doctor Behind ‘Tommy John’ Surgery Dies
- Watch the Great Lakes Freeze Over
- Russia Embraces Potential Crimea Split From Ukraine
- The Making of the One World Trade Center Panorama