Los Angeles: 10 Things to Do
Or you could take a picture of the Hollywood sign. (No, you can't drive to it. You can't even walk to it; there's a fence. So, from Franklin Avenue in Hollywood, turn uphill onto Beachwood Canyon Drive and take a photo halfway up the street. Or park at the end of Beachwood and hike 30 minutes to get really close.)
You could stroll down Hollywood Boulevard to Grauman's Chinese Theater and look at all the celebrity handprints and footprints, pose for photos with the weirdos who dress up as superheroes and ask you for money, then go hang out the Hollywood and Highland Center mall. You could spend the day gawking at the expensive stores on the twisty part of Rodeo Drive. You could drive 45 minutes south to Disneyland, for all I care. But you won't have seen L.A.
Here's how I would spend my time in L.A., on my first trip or my tenth.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- U.S. Destroyer Joins Hunt For Vanished Malaysia Airlines Flight
- Worst Feared for 239 People Aboard Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 10 Things We Learned about the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF
- Top of the World
- Ukrainian Base in Crimea Resists Russian Raid
- Hillary Clinton Kicks Off International Women’s Day At United Nations
- Daylight Saving: How to Spring Forward Without Falling Behind on Sleep
- Flight With 239 People Goes Missing
- Fort Hood Soldier Charged in Prostitution Case
- Russia Turns The Screws On Ukraine With Gas Supply Threat