Miami: Side Trips
1. Bal Harbor
For a serious dose of retail therapy, a trip to the tony community of Bal Harbor is in order. Just a 15-minute drive north of central Miami Beach, here is where you'll find Bal Harbor Shops, the super-snazzy outdoor mall where ladies-who-lunch and rapper's girlfriends all congregate to make their Platinum Amex scream. There's Brioni and Bulgari and Pucci and Prada and every exclusive boutique in between. Once you're ready to show off the brand-name shopping bags, settle into a seat at Lea's Tea Room, on the second level, for died-and-gone-to-heaven French pastries.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- China: Here Are Some Great Things About Toxic Air
- The Major Tech Companies Missing From the Surveillance Reform Letter
- The Top Ten Finalists for Person of the Year in 2013
- The Most Surprising Photos of 2013
- TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2013
- What Do Your Dreams Mean? Here's How You Can Decode Them
- When Stay-at-Home Husbands Are Embarrassing to Their Wives
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug': It Lives!
- Arts and Entertainment