Beijing: 10 Things to Do
If you're keen on retail therapy, one must-see hutong is Nanluoguxiang in the Gulou, or Drum and Bell Tower, district, which has several kilometers of shops, galleries and cafés that range from the chic to the kitschy. You'll find lots of cool T-shirts here (Plastered has a good line) featuring tricked-out images of everything from Mao Zedong to garden gnomes. Fun.
- 1. Plastered T-Shirts
61 Nanluoguxiang, Beijing, China 100009; 86-(0)134-8884-8855 plasteredtshirts.com
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- Clinton Super PAC ‘Ready For Hillary’ Gets Readier
- Malaysia Airlines: Missing Plane’s Whereabouts Still Unknown
- Top of the World
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- Search Expanded for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 1 Word That Immediately Kills Your Credibility
- 8 Things The World’s Most Successful People All Have in Common
- 10 Things We Learned about the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF
- 8 Shocking Sugar Foods