Tel Aviv: Finding the Perfect Souvenir
Local olives have been pressed into oil since Roman times. But the ancients did not package the plant nearly as well as Olia, tel: (972-3) 522 3235. Israel's first haute olive-oil boutique stocks 12 premium blends, as well as flavorful olive tapenades infused with Parmesan cheese or za'atar (a salted herb mix incorporating a local variety of oregano). There's also a new collection of shampoo, face scrubs and the like, made with 100% organic oil.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- All About Putin: Understanding Team Obama’s Personal Gibes Over Ukraine
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terrorist Attack, Says China
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Obama Speaks With Putin, Proposes Talks Between Russia and Ukraine
- Virtual Reality at Its Finest: Walk Around Jerry Seinfeld’s Apartment
- A Japanese Superhero Is Apparently Destroying Malaysia