Lima: 5 Places to Stay
Delfines Hotel & Casino
Delfines Hotel has an attraction unlike any other in South America: dolphins. This modern five-star hotel in San Isidro is home to two dolphins that frolic in an indoor pool. The hotel's bars and restaurants are centered around the dolphin pool for good viewing. The hotel has 206 rooms; the ones in the front of the hotel overlook Lima's premier golf course, across the street, and the Pacific Ocean in the distance.
Room to Book: The best room in the house is the Suite Olimpo, which has a King bed, sauna, Jacuzzi and amazing views of Lima.
Insider Tip: The hotel sponsors a dolphin-research institution off site, while caring for the two animals kept in the pool. Guests can get hands-on experience assisting the caretakers at feeding and play time.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Indian Diplomat's Arrest in New York Sparks Row With U.S.
- A Lot More People Are About to See That Pantene Ad Everybody Is Going Crazy Over
- Obama Wishes Washington Really Was Like 'House of Cards'
- Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Engagement Breakup With Barbara Walters
- The 11 Most Influential Fictional Characters of 2013
- Sleek and Chic: 15 Luxury Tech Gifts That Wow
- Flawless: 5 Lessons in Modern Feminism From Beyoncé
- Pantene Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad
- Cats Have Been Crashing on Our Couch for 5,300 Years
- It's a Man's World, And It Always Will Be
- The 10 Hottest Real Estate Markets Around the World
- 30 Under 30: Meet Brandon Stanton, the Photographer Behind Humans of New York
- Dictionary.com Chooses a 2013 Word of the Year with Gravitas
- Regulating E-Cigarettes Could Have Unintended Consequences
- Nirvana, Kiss Join Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- How to Block Facebook’s Annoying New Autoplay Video Ads