Paris: Finding the Perfect Souvenir
Serge Lutens Perfume
Paris prides itself on its perfumers, and few have greater standing than Serge Lutens. "He is a hero of the scent industry," says Paul Austin, a leading fragrance expert and principal at the Austin Advisory Group in New York City. "Lutens led the way in what became known as the niche fragrance business, with his thoughtful, daring and sublime scents." The unisex fragrances take their cues from everyday objects and experiences the scent of hay sugar, for instance, or the scent of a freshly peeled orange and use ingredients that go beyond the traditional. Picking out a fragrance at Lutens's opulent boutique is a treat in itself. The store is set in the arcade that encloses the Jardin du Palais Royal, the rose-lined gardens that adjoin the former royal palace.
25 rue de Valois, Paris, France; 33-(0)1-49-27-09-09 48.86492362.3386915
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- The Major Problem With Electric Cars
- These Are the 30 People Under 30 Changing the World
- Thai PM Yingluck Dissolves Parliament But Tensions Remain High
- Arts and Entertainment
- Fatal Bus Crash Sparks Singapore's First Riot Since 1969
- Obama Becomes First President To Acknowledge 'Area 51'
- Spray-On Condoms: Still a Hard Sell
- Oldest Human DNA Discovered, Muddles Picture of Our Origin
- 'Playboy': Still Sexist After All These Years
- Playboy: Still Sexist After All These Years