Stockholm: 10 Things to Do
The Swedish Vikings who ventured east for samarkand were such splendid physical specimens that the 10th century Arab voyager Ibn Fadlan felt moved to write, "I have never before seen such perfect bodies; they were tall like palm trees, blonde, with a few of them red." When the Swedes went home and hung up their helmets, they set about building a capital city every bit as stunning. Stockholm is a cluster of jewel-like islands, and its long, light-filled days make summer the ideal time for your raid. Here's where to find the choicest spoils.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Indian Diplomat's Arrest in New York Sparks Row With U.S.
- A Lot More People Are About to See That Pantene Ad Everybody Is Going Crazy Over
- Obama Wishes Washington Really Was Like 'House of Cards'
- The 11 Most Influential Fictional Characters of 2013
- Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Engagement Breakup With Barbara Walters
- Cats Have Been Crashing on Our Couch for 5,300 Years
- Sleek and Chic: 15 Luxury Tech Gifts That Wow
- It's a Man's World, And It Always Will Be
- Apple New Christmas Ad Might Actually Make You Cry
- Flawless: 5 Lessons in Modern Feminism From Beyoncé