London: Finding the Perfect Souvenir
Houses of Parliament Mementos
If kitsch is your bag, then London's tacky souvenir shops piled high with plastic facsimiles of old-fashioned bobbies' helmets should be right up your cobbled alley. Otherwise, you'll find a better class of tourist memento on sale in the Houses of Parliament including wines and spirits, chocolates, playing cards, pens, mugs, cuff links and scarves branded with the famous portcullis logo. The hitch: To visit this exclusive retail outlet you have to gain access to the seat of British government. But that's no hardship. Tours for overseas visitors are allowed in summer months when Parliament is in recess; U.K. residents can arrange visits throughout the year by contacting their local Member of Parliament. N.B.: A limited selection of the same souvenirs is also available at the nearby Parliamentary Bookshop.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Malaysia Airlines: Missing Plane’s Whereabouts Still Unknown
- Clinton Super PAC ‘Ready For Hillary’ Gets Readier
- Top of the World
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- Search Expanded for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 10 Things We Learned about the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF
- 8 Things The World’s Most Successful People All Have in Common
- Mexico Stops Heavy Metal Concert, Draws Fire
- Daylight Saving: How to Spring Forward Without Falling Behind on Sleep