New York City: 10 Things to Do
8. Bergdorf Goodman
Now that Barneys still a stellar place to shop has become a national mini-chain, Bergdorf's is the sole remaining New Yorkcentric luxe department store. Even if you can't afford a thing, it's still fun to browse and dream. But if you can, rev up your credit card. For the ladies, an all-star roster of couture designers is on hand, from Alexander McQueen to Zac Posen. Tight on time? Arrange for a personal shopper to help you out. Guys get their own store across the street, which is no less exquisite and no less expensive.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- All About Putin: Understanding Team Obama’s Personal Gibes Over Ukraine
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terrorist Attack, Says China
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- Obama Speaks With Putin, Proposes Talks Between Russia and Ukraine
- Virtual Reality at Its Finest: Walk Around Jerry Seinfeld’s Apartment
- A Japanese Superhero Is Apparently Destroying Malaysia