The Republican members of the House of Representatives last week unveiled a ' surprise Republican platform for the campaign of 1942. For the first time in several months the press found itself praising a statesmanlike stand by the G.O.P. Said the ten-point manifesto approved by a caucus of 115 G.O.P. representatives:
1) The nation's war effort must continue unabated until complete decisive victory is won.
2) We oppose any attempts to negotiate peace.
3) The U.S. is obligated to effect a world understanding for continued peace.
4) We pledge constant vigilance to eliminate Government inefficiency.
5) We will continue to give the President loyal...