Portland: 10 Things to Do
Portlanders are perhaps the most self-satisfied city tribe in the whole United States. To pass for one of them (and who wouldn't want to?), here's a tip: do not carry an umbrella. Yeah, it tends to rain a bit here, but it's the drizzly sort of precipitation that's best weathered under a hat or a hoodie. Plus, a rainy morning often turns into a gorgeous afternoon, and you don't want to be the dork carrying around an umbrella in the sun. Another tip: pin stripes are not only unnecessary, but actively discouraged. So unless you want to play dress up Portland-style with a skinny tie or a vintage dress leave your dry cleanonly garb at home.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- Top of the World
- Clinton Super PAC ‘Ready For Hillary’ Gets Readier
- Malaysia Airlines: Missing Plane’s Whereabouts Still Unknown
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- Search Expanded for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 1 Word That Immediately Kills Your Credibility
- UMass ‘Blarney Blowout’ Descends Into Drunken Chaos
- Vietnamese Officials Say Airplane Debris Found in South China Sea
- Malaysian Jet May Have Turned Back Before Vanishing