Prague: 10 Things to Do
Nearly 25 years ago, demonstrators in Prague staged the "velvet revolution," a series of peaceful protests that helped bring down the communist regime. Since emerging from the somber shadows of one-party rule, the City of a Thousand Spires has become one of Europe's hippest travel destinations a cosmopolitan city where culture buffs and pleasure seekers mingle happily in chic cafés and Gothic cathedrals. Whether you're sleeping at a former monastery turned five-star hotel or dancing in a onetime nuclear bunker, you'll quickly realize that in Prague, the unconventional is conventional: after all, this is Bohemia. Here's how to make the most of your stay.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Malaysia Airlines: Missing Plane’s Whereabouts Still Unknown
- Stolen Passports Used on Missing Malaysian Airliner
- Clinton Super PAC ‘Ready For Hillary’ Gets Readier
- Top of the World
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- Search Expanded for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- 10 Things We Learned about the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF
- 8 Things The World’s Most Successful People All Have in Common
- Rand Paul Tops Conservative Straw Poll
- Mexico Stops Heavy Metal Concert, Draws Fire