Moscow: Shooting It Like a Pro
The State Department Store, known famously by its Russian acronym GUM (pronounced "goom"), houses some of Moscow's most prestigious businesses, like Moschino, Hugo Boss and Kenzo. Tycoon Mikhail Kusnirovich added Gastronom No. 1, a gourmet store with a twist. In addition to caviar, pâté and exclusive vodkas, the store offers classic Soviet "comfort food" like condensed milk, blini and sukhariki, a slightly sweet, doughnut-shaped cookie.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Carrie Underwood?
- The 3 Best and 3 Worst States in America for Drinking
- The Committee To Save Detroit
- Arts and Entertainment
- These Are the 30 People Under 30 Changing the World
- Retailer Predicts Wii U Will Outpace PS4 and Xbox One this Holiday, but Read Carefully
- In Defense of Carrie Underwood
- TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2013
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?