Hong Kong: Shooting it Like a Pro
Mong Kok District
A salesman at a pet market shows off a specimen. "Goldfish are a very popular pet in Hong Kong for two reasons," says Jin, "First, because they don't take up a lot of space and, second, because the word 'fish' in Chinese rhymes with the word, 'having too much.'"
1. Mong Kok District
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Top of the World
- A Chat With Putin’s Old Nemesis: ‘He Likes to Lie’
- The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
- What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day To Improve Your Life?
- CPAC Gives Republicans a 2016 Preview
- All About Putin: Understanding Team Obama’s Personal Gibes Over Ukraine
- The World’s Youngest Billionaire is Just 24 and She’s From Hong Kong
- The Internet Helped Cause the Kunming Terrorist Attack, Says China
- A Japanese Superhero Is Apparently Destroying Malaysia
- Virtual Reality at Its Finest: Walk Around Jerry Seinfeld’s Apartment