Seoul: Shooting it Like a Pro
Insa-dong Souvenir Shop
Chung was attracted to the light reflected off of these paper lanterns, on sale in a shop specializing in Buddhist items. To her, they represented a kind of kitsch. "No Korean," she says, "would put this in their house."
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- As Search Area Expands, Mystery of Missing Malaysian Jet Deepens
- The Selfiest Cities in the World
- 6 Mysterious Airplane Disappearances in Aviation History
- Popcorn Time Is So Good at Movie Piracy, It’s Scary
- North Korea Election: A Sham Worth Studying
- North Korea Elections: A Sham Worth Studying
- Stolen Passports Are Common Problem Worldwide
- The Hidden Dangers of ‘Skinny Fat’
- The Bachelor Watch: Juan Pablo Makes His Pick And It’s Okay?
- China Wants Answers on Vanished Jet