London: Shooting It Like a Pro
Horse Guards Parade
To get this shot looking toward the Horse Guards Parade building, Baker used a 300 mm telephoto lens and positioned himself on a footpath in St. James's Park, with Buckingham Palace not far behind him. Each June, a regiment of the British Army parades before the Queen in full traditional dress on the Horse Guards Parade grounds, a ceremony known as "Trooping the Color." The spires in the background belong to government buildings, including Scotland Yard.
1. St. James's Park
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Carrie Underwood?
- The 3 Best and 3 Worst States in America for Drinking
- The Committee To Save Detroit
- These Are the 30 People Under 30 Changing the World
- Arts and Entertainment
- Retailer Predicts Wii U Will Outpace PS4 and Xbox One this Holiday, but Read Carefully
- In Defense of Carrie Underwood
- TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2013
- South Africa Faces Difficulties After Mandela