New York City: 10 Things to Do
The must-see list for the one-day visitor to New York especially the first-timer is mind-boggling. Don't fret; you'll return. We're assuming you're well aware of the major attractions: Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art (better known as MoMA). We're here to guide you to the top 10 places where tourists don't normally go (though, let's be honest, they're everywhere), places where New Yorkers live and play.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Bono Honors The Man Who Could Not Cry
- Nelson Mandela, 1918–2013: Remembering an Icon of Freedom
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Carrie Underwood?
- Arts and Entertainment
- The 3 Best and 3 Worst States in America for Drinking
- The World’s Deadliest Drug: Inside a Krokodil Cookhouse
- Paul Walker Bought $9,000 Engagement Ring for Military Couple Who Couldn't Afford It
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Nelson Mandela: An Indispensable Life in Pictures
- Egypt's Sisi Wins Reader Poll for TIME Person of the Year