Rio Climate Summit: Top 10 Priorities for a Planet in Peril
The ongoing global financial crisis may be distracting world leaders, but that doesn't make the environmental issues up for discussion at the U.N.'s annual conference any less urgent. More »
The best thing that might be said about the conference is that it managed to clear a low bar More »
As Rio+20 unfolds, a U.N. report shows how far we have to go to save the planet More »
The Brazilian Amazon, home to 60 percent of the world's largest forest and 20 percent of the Earth's oxygen, remains threatened by the rapid development of the country More »
Even as the world burns, the leaders of the great nations dither and that hurts us all More »
The event could change the world or be a disaster of global proportions More »
Who says what's good for the environment is bad for the economy? More »
By itself, controlled population growth will not solve the world's problems More »
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Face-Off: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Clinton: I Never Denied Smoking Pot
- 20 Breathtaking Images Of The Earth As Seen From Space
- China is Cheating the World Student Rankings System
- TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2013
- Fit Pride Isn't 'Hate Speech'
- Window on Infinity, Thanksgiving Edition: Pictures From Space
- Jennifer Lawrence, 'American Hustle' Take Aim at the Oscars
- Man Survives 60 Hours Under Water In Sunken Ship
- Pensions Aren't Sacred and Art Isn't Priceless: What the Detroit Bankruptcy Ruling Means
- Women on Corporate Boards: Do They Make Men THAT Uncomfortable?
- Which State Is the Biggest?
- Scientific Panel: Global Warming Threatens Society, Warning System Needed
- Engineer on Derailed Train ‘Consciously Asleep’: Is That Possible?
- Good Writing Can Help You Succeed
- Health and Society
- Why a Pacific War Is Possible: The Dangerous Hatred Between China and Japan
- How a U.S. Radar Station in the Negev Affects a Potential Israel-Iran Clash
- Bitter Pill: Inside TIME's Cover Story on Medical Bills