Rio Climate Summit: Top 10 Priorities for a Planet in Peril
The ongoing global financial crisis may be distracting world leaders, but that doesn't make the environmental issues up for discussion at the U.N.'s annual conference any less urgent. More »
The best thing that might be said about the conference is that it managed to clear a low bar More »
As Rio+20 unfolds, a U.N. report shows how far we have to go to save the planet More »
The Brazilian Amazon, home to 60 percent of the world's largest forest and 20 percent of the Earth's oxygen, remains threatened by the rapid development of the country More »
Even as the world burns, the leaders of the great nations dither and that hurts us all More »
The event could change the world or be a disaster of global proportions More »
Who says what's good for the environment is bad for the economy? More »
By itself, controlled population growth will not solve the world's problems More »
- Arts and Entertainment
- Paul Walker Bought $9,000 Engagement Ring for Military Couple Who Couldn't Afford It
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Director Justin Lin on Paul Walker: A 'Fast' Friend
- Face-Off: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- And the New Wonder Woman Is...
- Is Katie Couric The Next Jenny McCarthy?
- 10 Reasons I’d Pick the Wii U over the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- The Ivory Trade Is Out of Control, and China Needs to Do More to Stop It