Muslims in Modern Europe
Caught between cultures, the children of immigrants often face stark choices between traditional and modern values. Usually, a fragile balance is achieved. But in the most wrenching cases, the scales can tip wildly, and sometimes violently. In this special report, TIME explores two issues forced marriage and female circumcision that are among the most divisive and controversial of Europe's cultural fissures More »
TIME investigates forced marriage and the torn feelings it engenders More »
Female circumcision is a tradition that many immigrants have not left behind More »
Tradition versus progress. French Muslims cannot agree on the way forward More »
Can Belgian Muslims find a mainstream political party that accomadates their religious beliefs? More »
Jean-Marie Le Pen promotes his daughter Marine for the highest office in his party More »
- Arts and Entertainment
- Paul Walker Bought $9,000 Engagement Ring for Military Couple Who Couldn't Afford It
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Director Justin Lin on Paul Walker: A 'Fast' Friend
- Face-Off: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- And the New Wonder Woman Is...
- Is Katie Couric The Next Jenny McCarthy?
- 10 Reasons I’d Pick the Wii U over the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- The Ivory Trade Is Out of Control, and China Needs to Do More to Stop It