Plans for prestigious architecture projects often flourish during boom years; the actual construction, though, can wither after the bubble bursts. Work has been halted on 11% of the 1,324 skyscraper projects currently in development, according to German real estate analysts Emporis GmbH. Here are 10 of the most significant projects stopped in their tracks. More »
- Bono Honors The Man Who Could Not Cry
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Carrie Underwood?
- Nelson Mandela, 1918–2013: Remembering an Icon of Freedom
- Arts and Entertainment
- The World’s Deadliest Drug: Inside a Krokodil Cookhouse
- The 3 Best and 3 Worst States in America for Drinking
- Paul Walker Bought $9,000 Engagement Ring for Military Couple Who Couldn't Afford It
- Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year?
- Nelson Mandela: An Indispensable Life in Pictures
- Egypt's Sisi Wins Reader Poll for TIME Person of the Year