FORT DAVIS, Texas: Negotiations resumed with Republic of Texas secessionists when Texian leader Rick McLaren finally picked up the phone. Authorities had threatened to cut electricity to the trailer where the 13 separatists are holed up after a day and half of letting the phone ring. "So far the conversations have not been much more than chit-chat," said Mike Cox, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, who said power to the trailer will not be switched off so long as the chit-chat continues. Outside support for the separatists appears to be dwindling. A Republic of Texas rally a few miles away near Pecos fell through Thursday when supporters failed to show.