• Share
  • Read Later
Federal prosecutors said the Colorado man who allegedly sprayed the White House with 27 bullets Saturday might be charged with plotting to kill President Clinton, a scenario that White House officials and Clinton himself have downplayed. The basis may be the claims of David Millis, who worked with the accused gunman, Francisco Martin Duran, at a Colorado hotel. Today, Millis told reporters Duran said he was "going to take out the president." Duran also reportedly scrawled "Kill the Prez" on a map found in his truck. Meanwhile, a judge found Duran competent to stand trial and ordered him held without bail. (He.) So far, he's charged with possession of a firearm as a convicted felon, destruction of U.S. property, assaulting a federal officer and the use of a firearm in a violent crime. BTW: President Clinton announced he didn't want Pennsylvania Avenue blocked off in reaction to the shooting, saying the proposal would make him "a total hermit."Post your opinion on theCrimebulletin board.