ANDREW GROVE, PRESIDENT AND CEO, INTEL; SANTA CLARA

ALL COMPUTING WILL TAKE PLACE IN A CONNECTED SETTING. THAT PLACES NEW REQUIREMENTS ON EVERYTHING.

Intel CEO Andy Grove is already providing computer chips for 80% of the world's personal computers. This year he's aiming for the remaining 20%.

His weapon is the MMX (for multimedia extension) technology, Intel's new multimedia-enhanced microprocessor line that's designed to make music sound more resonant, video images flow more smoothly and graphics colors look richer. Since its release earlier this year, the new microprocessor has found its way into both laptop and desktop computers, and Grove hopes it will lure more people than ever to computers when they need to communicate, do business or just entertain themselves.

Grove also plans...

Want the full story?

Subscribe Now

Subscribe
Subscribe

Get TIME the way you want it

  • One Week Digital Pass — $4.99
  • Monthly Pay-As-You-Go DIGITAL ACCESS$2.99
  • One Year ALL ACCESSJust $30!   Best Deal!
    Print Magazine + Digital Edition + Subscriber-only Content on TIME.com

Learn more about the benefits of being a TIME subscriber

If you are already a subscriber sign up — registration is free!