In an Associated Press poll, newspaper editors all over the U.S. this week picked the ten biggest stories of 1954:
1. McCarthy-Army hearings and censure case.
2. Supreme Court bans school segregation.
3. Five Congressmen shot by Puerto Rican Nationalists.
4. Democrats win House and Senate.
5. Signing of preliminary pacts to arm Germany.
6. Fall of Dienbienphu.
7. Geneva Conference and Indo-China settlement.
8. East Coast hurricanes.
9. Korean war prisoner exchange completed.
10. Atoms-for-peace plan....