To the American Association of Plastic Surgeons meeting in Galveston, Texas last week, Dr. William S. Kiskadden described a little-advertised aspect of the average U.S. home. It encloses, he said, "dangerous, poisonous and even lethal appliances . . . frightful traps for the unwary young." He listed:
¶ Incinerators and gas and electric heaters, which burn children to the consistency of "an underdone steak."
¶ Acids and bleaches, which "scour the inside of little stomachs just as ruthlessly as they clean mother's pots and pans."
¶ Automatic mangles "adept at taking the skin off...