Westerns and comedies are what moviegoers like best these days,
according to Variety's March poll of box offices in 22 key U.S. cities.
1) Whispering Smith (Paramount)
2) Family Honeymoon (Universal-International)
3) A Letter to Three Wives (20th Century-Fox)
4) Mother Is a Freshman (20th Century-Fox)
5) South of St. Louis (Warner)
To continue reading: or Log-In
Want the full story?
Get TIME the way you want it
Week Digital Pass — $4.99
Pay-As-You-Go DIGITAL ACCESS — $2.99
Year ALL ACCESS — Just $30! Best Deal!
Print Magazine + Digital Edition +
Subscriber-only Content on TIME.com
Learn more about the benefits of being
a TIME subscriber
If you are already a subscriber sign up — registration is free!