A Letter From The Publisher, Jan. 28, 1952

On April 3, Harcourt, Brace & Co. will publish the first 25,000 copies of They Went To College, TIME'S book about the most influential body of people in the world: the U.S. college graduates.

TIME'S interest in the subject stems naturally from the fact that 77% of our subscribers are college-trained, and from the desire to know more about the group from which such a large segment of our readers is drawn. Naturally enough, we learned several things that concern the other 23% as well. Many college graduates, for instance, are convinced that their...

Want the full story?

Subscribe Now

Subscribe
Subscribe

Get TIME the way you want it

  • One Week Digital Pass — $4.99
  • Monthly Pay-As-You-Go DIGITAL ACCESS$2.99
  • One Year ALL ACCESSJust $30!   Best Deal!
    Print Magazine + Digital Edition + Subscriber-only Content on TIME.com

Learn more about the benefits of being a TIME subscriber

If you are already a subscriber sign up — registration is free!