There follow 25 questions based
on news of the past week. Read
TIME from cover to cover. Then quiz yourself.
1) What great statesman wishes his death concealed for a fortnight?
(See FOREIGN AFFAIRS.)
2) What seemed "a cross between an Astley chariot, a wheelbarrow and
a flying machine"? (See BUSINESS.)
3) Who married a consumptive angel of 13? (See BOOKS.)
4) In what Oriental nation is the Premier an amateur champion of the
indigenous national sport? (See FOREIGN AFFAIRS.)
5) Upon whom did a U. S. Senator publicly bestow the nicknames
"Gloomy Gus" and "Nervous Nellie?"...
To continue reading:
Want the full story?
Get TIME the way you want it
Week Digital Pass — $4.99
Pay-As-You-Go DIGITAL ACCESS — $2.99
Year ALL ACCESS — Just $30! Best Deal!
Print Magazine + Digital Edition +
Subscriber-only Content on TIME.com
Learn more about the benefits of being
a TIME subscriber
If you are already a subscriber sign up — registration is free!