In Chicago, Mrs. Iva Gousha sued a bottling company for $35,000 because, upon discovering a dead mouse in a bottle of the company's pop, she had incurred the following damages and expenses:
1) Severe shock.
2) Sanitarium treatment.
3) Trip to Europe, during which
4) Her daughter had to be placed in a private school.
In Sacramento, Calif, police found bedraggled Erwin Anderson, 4, sitting on the roof of the Anderson garage, his bloated tongue protruding from his mouth, clamped with two clothespins. They arrested his foster-mother, who said the clothespins were...