In its 30 years of monthly publication, Smart Set has successively appeared as:
1) A magazine of dainty love tales, elaborate stories of the Gibson Girl era.
2) A collection of perfumed pornography.
3) The first joint eruption of Henry Louis Mencken and George Jean Nathan.
4) A frankly salacious offering of "confessions" of youthful emotional crises.
5) Currently, a fairly commonplace, fairly attractive poť-pourri of light fiction and articles for consumption by young women. The July issue is Smart Set's final one in the latter form.
Last week Editor-elect Arthur H. Samuels journeyed...