Opened momentously at Paris, last week, the Spring and Summer salon of many a great couturier. No vulgar "fashion display," they permitted only a discreet preview by connoisseurs. Finally connoisseurs in the pre-know could tick off certain Parisian germs of fashion sure to flower into world trends:
1) Hips accentuated by moulded lines and girdle or puff effects.
2) Waistlines rising perceptibly toward the normal waist.
3) Skirts an inch or two longer by day, but sweeping much lower at night.
4) Colors, more rich, more various* more subdued.
5) Smart details: a) ingenious, decorated sleeves;...