1) National banks. (It enables them to set up branches to compete with branch state banks.)
3) Obscene, lascivious, licentious.
4) Charles Bryan. (Brother of famed W. J.)
5) James A. Reed.
6) What Price Glory.
7) The duck-billed platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus).
8) Colorado River.
9) A city. (Capital of Australia. Thither travels the Duke of York with his Duchess.)
10) By singing. (Able Negro tenor.)
12) Private secretary to Abraham Lincoln.
13) Tilden. (Samuel J. Tilden.)
14) German cinema company. (Producers of The Last Laugh, Variety, Faust, Metropolis, etc.)