The International Conference on Immigration and Emigration was concluded at Rome.
In spite of the fact that the U. S. delegates and some South American delegates abstained from voting, a large number of resolutions were passed:
1) Exchange of information on immigration and emigration conditions;
2) Establishment of uniform identification cards for emigrants, valid for all countries;
3) Coordination of the immigration and emigration statistics of various countries;
4) Recommendations for repression of clandestine emigration;
5) Measures for keeping out undesirables;
6) Establishment of uniform emigrant passports and simplification of routine in obtaining passports and visas,...