Changes and additions to the football rules made at the annual meeting of the National Intercollegiate Football Rules Committee were:
1) Abolition of all mud or artificial kicking tees.
2) Advancement of the kick-off from the 40 to the 50-yard line.
3) Decision to place the ball on the 3-yard line instead of the 5-yard line after touchdown.
4) Granting of power to referee to refuse to take time out when delaying of game is apparent.
5) Increase in penalty for more than three times out in each half from two to five yards.