The history of the reparations tangle is outlined by the French Bureau of Information (in Manhattan) :
1) Versailles, 1919: Germans offered to pay 100 billion gold marks; Allies wanted 375 billion.
2) Boulogne, June, 1920: Allies asked 269 billion gold marks.
3) Spa, July, 1920: Germany agreed to deliver two million tons of coal monthly against cash advances from France.
4) Brussels, December, 1920: Payments made easier for Germany.
5) Paris, January, 1921: German reparation debt reduced to 226 billion gold marks plus 10% on German exports.
6) London, March and April,...