Have you seen or made a movie this year? Do you wonder if this movie has a shot at the Oscars? Here's a scorecard:
1) Is your movie about famous, real-life people? If so: +1
2) Are your main characters British? +1
3) Are any of them British royalty? +1
4) Does your protagonist have a poignant physical or mental affliction? +1
5) Is Harvey Weinstein involved? +1
This formula is known as Firth's Theorem, named for the Englishman who helped score a perfect 5 last year as stammering George VI in the Weinstein Co.'s The King's Speech, winner of four...