'This is a really exciting day for unborn Hoosier children.'
1. SUE SWAYZE, legislative director of Indiana Right to Life, on the passage of a state bill that would defund Planned Parenthood; Republican Governor Mitch Daniels (pictured) later announced he would sign it into law
'If you are really in this to prevent a humanitarian disaster, the only way you can really prevent it is to have Gaddafi not able to inflict [it].'
2. JOHN MCCAIN, U.S. Senator, who advocated "the full weight of U.S. airpower" to assist anti-Gaddafi Libyan rebels; he met with rebel forces during a brief trip to Libya
'I owe a lot to a cow.'
3. LOBSANG SANGAY, newly elected political leader of Tibetans in exile, on how during his childhood in northern India, his family sold one of its cows in order to pay his school fees
'If you think of SETI as not just research but exploration ... this is like sending Captain Cook to the South Pacific but not giving him any food or supplies.'
4. SETH SHOSTAK, senior astronomer at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute, on the "hibernation" of the organization's Allen Telescope Array due to lack of funds
'Don can be a grumpy guy. We all know that.'
5. CONDOLEEZZA RICE, former U.S. Secretary of State, responding to a question about former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's criticism of her in his memoir
Increase in ExxonMobil's first-quarter earnings from the same period last year; the oil-and-gas giant made almost $11 billion, marking one of its most profitable quarters ever
Number of people on the U.S. government's terrorist-watch list who bought guns--legally--in 2010
1 in 4
Proportion of kids in single-parent households in the U.S., the highest of 27 industrialized nations in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's new report
Number of used $1 bills that German Hans-Peter Feldmann, who won a $100,000 contemporary-art prize last year, will display on gallery walls in his installation at New York City's Guggenheim Museum
Sources: Indianapolis Star; al-Jazeera; BBC; TIME.com New York Times Magazine