'Haitians do not want handouts. They want opportunities to create wealth.'
1. MICHEL MARTELLY, Haiti's President-elect, after meeting with representatives of international financial institutions and development agencies during a trip to the U.S.
'The duty of the government is to tell its people the truth. One must admit that the government did not always behave in the right way.'
2. DMITRI MEDVEDEV, Russian President, referring to the shady Soviet response to Chernobyl at a memorial ceremony on the 25th anniversary of the disaster; he defended nuclear power while calling for new international safety rules
'We do not have time for this kind of silliness.'
3. PRESIDENT OBAMA, attempting to put an end to the conspiracy theory that he is not a natural-born citizen by producing his long-form birth certificate; a shorter version, the norm in Hawaii, has been public since his 2008 campaign
'TN bill will prevent teachers from using the word "gay" in class. In response, I'm lending them my name: "It's okay to be Takei."'
4. GEORGE TAKEI, actor and gay-rights advocate, tweeting about the "Don't Say Gay" bill under consideration in the Tennessee legislature, which would bar elementary- and middle-school teachers from discussing homosexuality
'I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp and for the country.'
5. LEVI JOHNSTON, father of Bristol Palin's son, in a statement about his forthcoming book, Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs
Years since the price of a pound of coffee beans last broke the $3 barrier, prior to April 20's surge to $3.025, thanks in part to increased demand in China and India
Number of additional barrier islands detected worldwide by researchers using Google Earth and other satellite images; the total count is now 2,149
Approximate number of Latinos who voted in the 2010 U.S. midterm elections--a record--up from 5.6 million in the 2006 midterms
Approximate height in feet (13 m) of a statue of Amenhotep III unearthed in Luxor; one of the largest ever found of the pharaoh, it was discovered in seven pieces, sans head
Sources: AFP; AP; Los Angeles Times; Twitter; PEOPLE