Campus Tip: Extra Credit

Students heading off to college are increasingly accessorizing their library and ID cards with a third card--one that gets them credit. A recent report by Student Monitor found that 52% of current undergraduates use a credit card. Credit companies looking for future big spenders have been attracting the other 48% with cool new designs, including transparent cards, a glow-in-the-dark card (already recalled) and the new kidney-shaped Discover 2GO card that can be worn on a key chain. "Teens today want to customize their credit cards as they do their cell phones," says Michael Wood, vice president of Teenage Research Unlimited. But...

Want the full story?

Subscribe Now

Subscribe
Subscribe

Get TIME the way you want it

  • One Week Digital Pass — $4.99
  • Monthly Pay-As-You-Go DIGITAL ACCESS$2.99
  • One Year ALL ACCESSJust $30!   Best Deal!
    Print Magazine + Digital Edition + Subscriber-only Content on TIME.com

Learn more about the benefits of being a TIME subscriber

If you are already a subscriber sign up — registration is free!