iPad & Mobile
- Where can I download the TIME Magazine iPad app? You can download the app from Apple's App Store. The magazine app is free for U.S. print subscribers. Activate your all-access pass here before trying to download the app. Non-subscribers can continue to purchase each week's issue for $4.99 through iTunes.
- What is included with the free app downloaded from the app store? The app gives you the ability to purchase each week's digital issue through iTunes and to read and store as many digital issues as you'd like within the app. Current subscribers to the U.S. edition of TIME can access the iPad edition FREE for the length of your current print subscription term.
- How do I get a single issue of TIME Magazine in the app? You can purchase single digital issues of TIME Magazine within the app for $4.99 each. If you're an existing print subscriber to the U.S. edition of TIME you can access the iPad edition FREE for the length of your current print subscription term.
- What is included with the $4.99 digital issue purchase? Each digital issue includes the current print issue of TIME Magazine (the same week it is available on newsstands) plus additional photos, videos, updates from TIME.com and content from the International edition and Global Business edition.
- Does the app update with a new issue each week? You will receive a notification each week when the new issue is available. In order to read the new issue you must purchase a single copy from the Store within the app or subscribers can download the new issue from the Library each week for free.
- Can I buy a new issue each week within the current app? Yes, in-app purchasing available. You can purchase new issues within the same app and store issues in a library within the app.
- Does the weekly issue expire? No. Once you purchase or download the issue, you can store the issue in your digital library within the app.
- I am a magazine subscriber. Can I get the digital issues as part of my subscription? Yes, the magazine app is free for U.S. print subscribers. Activate your all-access pass here before trying to download the app.
- Can I buy a subscription only for the iPad? At this time the only way you can subscribe to the iPad edition is by being a current subscriber to the print magazine.
- Can I share the digital issue with friends? No. There are currently no share features available.
- What if I have another TIME Magazine iPad app question that isn't answered here? For other magazine app-related questions, email TIMEmag_app_support@timeinc.com
- Does TIME.com have an iPad app? TIME.com has a mobile app that can be downloaded for both the iPhone and the iPad. Find it in iTunes.
- Does TIME offer any other iPad apps other than magazine? Besides the magazine app, TIME.com also offers an app for its political site The Page. You can download it here and learn more about all of TIME.com's mobile efforts here.
- How can I get TIME.com on my iPhone? TIME.com has a mobile app that can be downloaded on both the iPhone and the iPad. The mobile app includes the latest breaking news and analysis you can find daily on TIME.com. Find it in iTunes and learn more about all of TIME.com's mobile efforts here.
- How do I save a web version of my favorite TIME.com blog or section to my iPhone home screen? While visiting any TIME.com page in your iPhone browser, hit the middle arrow button and select "Add to Home Screen." That will create a shortcut so you can easily view that TIME.com page in your web browser with a quick tap of the finger.
- How can I get TIME.com on my Android phone? Search for "TIME Mobile" in the Android market to download our app. And learn more about all of TIME.com's mobile efforts here.
- How can I get TIME.com on my BlackBerry? Download our app from BlackBerry App World here. And learn more about all of TIME.com's mobile efforts here.
- How can I get TIME.com on any other kind of smartphone? Going to mobile.time.com on any of your devices will give you a smartphone friendly view of TIME.com's content.
- Where can I find TIME Magazine content? Visit our TIME Magazine table of contents to see what's in the current issue on newsstands. Our table of contents page automatically refreshes with each new issue. Full magazine content is only available to subscribers. To become a subscriber, click here.
- How can I subscribe to TIME Magazine? To become a subscriber, click here. Full TIME Magazine web content is only available for subscribers.
- Can I get a digital-only subscription? For U.S. subscribers, your subscription of $30 per year includes the print magazine, the Tablet Edition of TIME on iPad and other tablets, plus subscriber-only content on TIME.com. Sign up here. For current print subscribers looking for digital access, activate your all-access pass here. You can also purchase a monthly pay-as-you-go or one-week pass from our subscription page for short-term web and tablet access to TIME Magazine content.
- How do I renew or cancel my magazine subscription, change my address, report damaged or missing issues, or make other changes to my TIME magazine account? Visit the customer service page to handle all issues with your TIME Magazine subscription.
- What day each week can I find TIME Magazine on newsstands? You can find TIME magazine on most newsstands every Friday.
- How do I know which articles on TIME.com are magazine stories? TIME.com has a table of contents page that refreshes itself with each new issue. Also look for the word "magazine" in the URL or header to determine if the article you are reading originally appeared in the magazine.
- How can I order a back issue of TIME Magazine? To order back issues, please call (800) 843-8463.
- Where do I go for reprints and permissions? Visit TIME's page concerning reprints and permissions.
- Can I get permission to use a photo I saw on TIME.com or in TIME Magazine? Because TIME.com generally does not own the copyright to any of the photographs on our site, we cannot grant you permission to use the photographs for anything other than viewing them on TIME.com as they were originally published. Copyrights are owned either by the photographer, the photographer's estate, or the photo agency or news service for which the photographer works. Every photograph on TIME.com is accompanied by a credit that should include the photographer's name and representative or the copyright holder. You will need to contact that agency and ask them for permission and in most cases you will be required to pay a fee for the use of the photos. Please remember that all the photographs on TIME.com, and most of the photographs on the web are copyrighted material, intended for viewing only. If you want to use a photograph for anything other than viewing in the context it was published, you will need to contact the copyright holder of that photograph.
- How can I get a print of a photo I saw on TIME.com or in TIME Magazine? You will need to contact the copyright owner or their representative to obtain a print of the photograph. Only they can sell you a copy of a photograph, even if it is just for personal use. Every photograph on TIME.com is accompanied by a credit that should include the photographer's name and representative or the copyright holder. Please remember that all the photographs on TIME.com, and most of the photographs on the web are copyrighted material, intended for viewing only. If you want to use a photograph for anything other than viewing in the context it was published, you will need to contact the copyright holder of that photograph.
- Can I submit photographs to TIME.com? While we appreciate your interest, TIME Magazine and TIME.com do not usually accept submissions from the general public.
- How do I embed TIME.com videos on my own site? At the bottom of all of our video players there is an "embed" button that you can click in order to easily copy the embed code, URL or share to Facebook and Twitter. We encourage readers to embed TIME.com videos on their own sites.
- Can I submit my own videos to TIME.com? While we appreciate your interest, TIME Magazine and TIME.com do not usually accept submissions from the general public.
- Why aren't TIME.com videos working on my web browser or smartphone? If a TIME.com video isn't working in your web browser, first make sure your browswer is up-to-date by downloading the latest version. We also suggest you download the latest version of the Flash plug-in. You can also try to clear your cache (found in the "history" or "preferences" section of a lot of browsers), as you may be viewing an area of the site that has since been updated, but your browser is showing you an older version. TIME videos are coded so that they should work on all devices, including your iPhone or iPad.
- How can I license a TIME cover image? For information on licensing a TIME cover image, visit timepix.com
- Does TIME.com do graphics? We do occassionally feature graphics with our web stories. To see all of TIME's interactive content, click here.
- Does TIME offer podcasts? You can find all of TIME's podcast channels at our account on iTunes.
- Where can I find a list of all of TIME.com's sections? You can browse all of TIME.com's sections by using the navigation bars at the top of all pages and clicking on the section you are interested in viewing. You can also visit our site index page, to see a list of all of TIME.com's sections and other useful links.
- Where can I find TIME franchises like TIME 100 or TIME's Person of the Year? Annual magazine franchises like TIME 100 (announced early spring) or TIME's Person of the Year (announced at the end of each year) can be found in our "Specials" section on TIME.com. The "Specials" section also includes our latest top 10 lists and more special reports.
- How can I get back to TIME.com's homepage after viewing a story? Clicking on any "TIME" logo on the headers of article pages will bring you back to TIME.com's homepage. You can also click the "Home" link on the top left of the navigation bar across all of TIME's pages to return to TIME.com's homepage.
- How do I add TIME.com sections to my RSS reader? Visit TIME's RSS page to find all of the RSS feeds available to readers, including TIME.com's different sections, blogs and more. Hit "subscribe" on any of these sections to add them to your favorite RSS reader. Or look for the RSS icon on the different sections and blogs on our site and click on it to get the RSS feed of that particular section.
- How can I subscribe to TIME newsletters? Visit TIME's newsletter sign up page to subscribe to different TIME.com newsletters, including Most Popular of the Week, Photos of the Week, daily newsletters and more. Also look for the newsletter sign-up tout on many of our section pages and blogs where you can enter your e-mail address to subscribe to newsletters there as well.
- How can I update or change my newsletter subscriptions? At the bottom of the newsletter e-mail you receive in your inbox you will see links that will help you unsubscribe, update your email address or contact customer service.
- How do I search for content within specific sections of TIME.com?
The best way to search for or conduct research on a given topic is to search the TIME archive, which contains every article published on TIME.com and in TIME Magazine since its inception in 1923. Within the search results, you will see the left rail lets you filter by author, section, post type and more. The right rail breaks out the different photos, videos, graphics and cover stories on that topic.
You will also find search bars on our homepage and every section page on TIME.com, typically located on the top right of the header. Within that search bar you can specify if you want to search the entire archive, just that section page, videos and more.
- How can I find all the articles written by a certain author? When you search all of TIME.com there is the ability to filter by author if you click the author's name in the left rail. If you are searching specific section pages, type in the author's name and make sure to toggle the radio button to just the section you are searching on. This will pull up every article by that author on that section page.
- How do I report a factual error in one of TIME.com's stories? Please submit factual errors to email@example.com and our editorial staff will determine whether a correction needs to be issued.
- How do I submit a letter to the editor? Please send any letters to firstname.lastname@example.org for our editorial staff to review. Please include your name and hometown and you may end up in the Inbox section of the magazine.
- Why does TIME.com not look right on my computer? If TIME.com looks broken in your web browser there are a couple of things we can suggest. First, make sure your browser is up-to-date by downloading the latest version. We also suggest you download the latest version of the Flash plug-in. You can also try to clear your cache (found in the "history" or "preferences" section of a lot of browsers), as you may be viewing an area of the site that has since been updated, but your browser is showing you an older version.
- Who can I contact at TIME.com if I am having trouble visiting your web site or if I've found something that's broken? For magazine customer service issues, or to make changes to your TIME Magazine account, please contact customer service. If you are having a technical problem, please email us specifying what type of computer and browser you are using and what you were attempting to do when you had the problem.
- How do I apply for an internship at TIME?
Persons interested in internships for the magazine or TIME.com can send their resume to:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1271 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
- How do I apply for a job at TIME? Please visit the TIME Inc. career center for the company's latest job postings.